How to hide the likes on Instagram?
Not so long ago, just a few months ago, there was a lot of talk about completely removing the visibility of likes under posts on Instagram. Why? The app developers want to show their concern for younger social media audiences in this way. They do not want teenagers to focus mainly on likes and treat them as some kind of marker or something important in their lives. This action has generated a lot of controversy. It has gathered its supporters as well as its opponents. Despite the introduction of hidden likes as an experiment, in some countries, such as Australia, it was eventually abandoned. However, it has taken a slightly different form, as every Instagram user can voluntarily hide the number of likes under a post themselves.
Hiding the likes on Instagram literally takes a moment and you don’t need special skills to do it. In this article, we have prepared a tutorial for you, in which, step by step, we will show you how to do it. In addition, we will explain how to restore them and why some people choose to do so.
How to hide the likes on Instagram? – step by step
- Go to the Instagram application, if you do not have it yet – download it, and then to your account.
- Think about which post you want to hide the likes under and click on it.
- There are three, horizontal dots in the top right corner of the screen – tap on them.
- Select the “hide number of likes” option and you’re done!
How to restore the visibility of likes on Instagram?
- Repeat step one from the previous paragraph.
- Click on the photo under which you want to restore the visibility of the likes.
- Repeat step three from the previous paragraph above.
- Select the “make number of likes visible” option – done!
Why do users want to hide likes on Instagram?
- Users who care about a large number of likes may not like the fact that their latest photo didn’t gather enough of them. That’s why they hide the likes completely under a given post.
- For some people, likes are completely unnecessary and they don’t need them on their profile.
- Some people don’t want others to see who likes their posts on Instagram.
- Influencers don’t want their fans to suggest the number of likes under their photos, and to like what they actually like and not others.
Are likes on Instagram important?
This question is asked by many a young person. However, there is no definite answer to it, because for some they will be important, and for others not necessarily. This question depends on how one uses Instagram. For people who want to gain or have already gained popularity there, likes will be important because of the reach of their account and possible cooperation with other brands. However, if it’s a simple social network for us, where we just add photos, likes may not be important to us.
Regardless of which group we are in it is important to remember that likes on Instagram are just a number.